Your Guide to the Nordstrom Sale 2021
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here again! I can’t believe it’s already that time of year, but I’m not complaining because this sale means Fall is on its way (YAY)! This post is your guide to the Nordstrom Sale 2021, so if you’re new here I’ll give you all the details you need to know or if you’ve shopped this sale before then you can find the N Sale dates below!
To see my favorite N Sale pieces from last year, click here for my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 try-on!
WHAT IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (N Sale) is the kickoff to Fall fashion where top brands like Barefoot Dreams, Steve Madden, Vince Camuto, Charlotte Tilbury, and others put their new arrivals on major sale! And the best part, this sale happens every year in July! Plus, over 100 new brands are participating in the sale this year; Dyson, BDG Urban Outfitters, Jenni Kayne, Nécessaire, and Open Edit to name just a few.
The N Sale is the perfect time to grab some new cold weather pieces like cozy sweaters, trendy jackets, jeans, & cute booties! It’s also a great opportunity to stock up on your favorite beauty products while they’re on sale. And y’all, things sell out FAST! So, if you know you want something, don’t leave it sitting in your Wish List because it probably won’t be in stock for long.
WHEN CAN I SHOP THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
Your access to shop the N Sale depends on if you’re a Nordstrom cardmember and what your Nordy Club status is. If you’re a cardmember, you gain Early Access. But the level of Early Access you get depends on your Nordy Club status. Basically, the higher your status, the earlier you get to shop the sale.
Further down, I explain how to become a Nordstrom cardmember to gain Early Access.
The image below shows when the sale begins for each Nordy Club status. The Anniversary Sale will officially open to everyone on July 28 at 3am ET/12am PT! Set your calendars!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE ANNIVERSARY SALE:
- July 6 Sale Preview Online – Open to everyone
- July 12-27 Icon Early Access
- July 14-27 Ambassador Early Access
- July 16-27 Influencer Early Access
- July 28 Anniversary Sale opens to everyone!
- August 8 Sale Ends & Items Return To Full Price
WHERE DO I SHOP THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
You can shop the N Sale in-stores or online, but I feel like shopping online would be much more convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable! Plus, by shopping online you’ll have a better selection of in-stock products. They are also offering curbside pickup if you prefer that option!
And I’ll be posting my favorite N Sale picks on my LIKEtoKNOW.it for you to shop!
HOW DO I GAIN EARLY ACCESS TO THE N SALE?
To gain Early Access to shop the N Sale, you can sign up to become a Nordstrom cardmember (known as the “Nordy Club”). Once you become a cardmember, there are 3 Nordy Club statuses that you can be: Influencer (the lowest status), Ambassador, & Icon (the highest status).
All of these Nordy Club statuses will let you shop Nordstrom sales earlier than non-cardmembers. The higher your status, the earlier you get to shop sales. How do you get a higher status? If you spend $500/year at Nordstrom, you gain Influencer status. If you spend $5000/year at Nordstrom, you gain Ambassador status. And I’m honestly not sure what Icons’ spend to gain their status.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE NORDSTROM CREDIT CARD?
There are 2 Nordstrom credit card options:
- Nordstrom Visa credit card
- “Points are earned per dollar net spend on qualifying items. Member and Influencer statuses earn two points per dollar, and Ambassador and Icon statuses earn three points per dollar when using their Nordstrom credit card. Earn 1 point per dollar everywhere else Visa credit cards are accepted.”
- Click here for APR and fee information
- No annual fee
- Click here to apply
- Nordstrom Retail credit card
Once you’re approved for your Nordstrom credit card, you instantly get Influencer status and you can shop immediately! Both credit card options will give you Early Access to shop sales. Also, if you make a purchase with your new card at Nordstrom, Nordstrom.com, or Nordstrom Rack on the same day you’re approved, you get a $60 Bonus Note!
If you want more info about the Nordstrom credit card, click here!
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE N SALE?
So, what should you do to get ready for the N Sale? Here are a few tips!
- Set your calendar! The N Sale officially opens to everyone on July 28 at 3am ET/12am PT!
- Clean out your closet! Sell or donate the clothes you don’t want anymore.
- Look through your closet to see what you have & what you don’t have to get a better idea of what you want/need to buy during the N Sale.
- Find your favorite pieces & add them to your Wish List during the Preview that begins on July 6. That’ll make it easier and faster for you to checkout when you get access to shop the sale!
- Act fast to buy the pieces you want because things sell out fast!
- Don’t give up if the item you had your heart set on gets sold out. That item might get restocked or someone could return that item for a different size. So, keep checking on that item to see if it comes back in stock!
- And my last piece of advice is to remember that this is just a sale. Yes, it’s fun to shop sales and to get new things, but it isn’t worth going over budget or stressing out over. If you aren’t having fun with it, then it isn’t worth doing!
CAN I RETURN SOMETHING IF IT DOESN’T FIT?
Yes! If you purchase something & it doesn’t fit, Nordstrom accepts returns by mail, in-store, or curbside! If you choose to make a return by mail, you can send your item back using a prepaid return label, and it typically takes 10-14 business days for them to process your return. Or if you choose to return something in-store or curbside, a salesperson will assist you. For more info on returns & exchanges, click here!
Happy N Sale 2021! xoxo